Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Humbling Week and Pictures

Well this week was...humbling.

Last week was just a week of fire and lessons and investigators and just progress.  But sadly it didn´t last.  This week was disappointing to say the least.  But the mission can be pretty disappointing at times.  I´m sending a lot of pictures because we had a lot of time to take pictures. haha.  So first of all. Last P day our washing machine broke, so this project took up the whole P day. Elder Blanch and I took it completely apart and then back together and now it works.  So there is something new on my Manly skills list the mission has taught me: How to fix a washing machine.

We read the scriptures everyday and I just love them.  The crazy thing is that on the mission, the scriptures really become alive.  We were in Casarabonela this past week and we went to the top of an appoartment building so we could just start knocking on doors.  But there was an open door that lead to the roof, so of course, we wanted to check it out and see if there was a sweet view.  Bathsheeba was up there waiting for us.  We got to the top, turned the corner and BAM, naked woman sunbathing, needless to say, we hightailed it out of there in a heartbeat!  Also, on that same day, in personal scripture study I was reading about Korihor the Anti-Christ and Elder Redd read in Jacob about a different anti-christ.  So we joked in companion study that we were going to find an anti christ.  That night at an appointment, we encountered an anti-christ.  This guy was crazy.  Whew, I don´t even know how to describe it, but we totally went Jacob on him and said "Have you read the Scriptures" he said "yes" then we got him with "well then you don´t understand them". Owned.  But it was an interesting meeting with him. His daughter is a member and his wife is thinking about baptism but when we almost got her to commit, her husband, the weirdy, went off and started preaching some weird religion and all this crazy stuff. Crazy stuff.  The last instance this week where the "scriptures came alive" happens quite often.  The bus we take to our area also goes to the beach, so we always get on it and see tons of people headed down for a sunny day of fun. But anyways, some of Potiphor´s wives were trying to stand a little too close on the bus and tried to tempt us saying, "hey boys, why don´t you come to the beach with us!?" They didn´t take any articles of clothing, but it still makes me think of Joesph. haha.

I sent so many pictures that I forget which ones are there, but there is one of me at Casarabonela again, one with the familia martinez (the familia we are teaching) one of me and Alejandro, he is a member in our ward and the only member in his family, so we´re working on them. There is one of elder redd and I, me with a backpack. We had a FHE with the martinez family and we taught the word of wisdom.  So we had a push up contest but the backpack was filled with books and represented not living the word of wisdom, so obviously, it was super hard.  But the point was made and they had a lot of fun with it.  The little daughter who is 7, ran to the kitchen grabbed the moms box of coffee and put it in the backpack. It was pretty hilarious. But they get it! fun stuff.

And now I forgot the rest that I sent. OH! there should be one with me and the black pearl bar. Fun stuff. haha

Well I love and miss you all so much!

Jason

100_0691100_0699100_0704100_0706100_0707100_0709100_0711100_0712

No comments: