Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Monday, June 27, 2011

¡BAUTISMOS POR MILES HABRÁ!

(for the record, I have no idea what that means.. – Ashley)

Yesterday was probably one of the happiest days of my life.  First, at church they had the best farewell missionary sacrament meeting. It was just like in the movie the other side of heaven, no joke.  So it wasn´t intended to be like that but thats how it ended up.  So one of the sisters spoke as the last speaker and she talked about how accomplished she felt when she went out and helped us once with a lesson.  She just went on and on about how great we were and how great missionary work is.  Three of the Four elders in the ward are being transferred, so she talked about how much she would miss us and how we actually did a lot of work compared to elders in the past.  It was great.  And then, the bishop called Elder Burdette up to give his testimony and it was just wonderful, then the bishop said we were going to change the closing hymn to "Hasta ver" (God be with you till we meet again) and they invited the 3 of us onto the stand, and we all stood and sang it. I lost it.  I don´t know what got into me but I just couldn´t hold in the tears.  As I stood in front of the congregation, looking at all their smiling faces and I lost and just starting the waterworks.  I worked with these people and reactivated quite a few of them and seeing them smiling at me, I feel that I can´t even describe the love I felt.  When the song was over, I went back to sit with my family (the ones we baptized) and they all had tears in their eyes and it was such a beautiful moment. 

I have seen 2 big miracles while I´ve been in Málaga.  One, is that I helped bring a family that was inactive come back to active status, and I just love them so much, the Pávez family from Argentina and I seriously think of them as family.  They are so dear to me and close to my heart.  It was funny, when we told them that I was getting transferred and my comp was staying, they were pretty bummed. They like me 10x more! haha. anyway, and the second one is that we found, taught, and baptized the Martínez family.  And I love them just as much as the other family, if not more.  I really don´t think I can express the love or feelings that I have felt in these past few days. It was just amazing.

So funny story now.  So at the baptism, the water wasn´t started in time so it was pretty shallow.  So the mom, Veronica is a bit bigger and taller, we decided that I would baptize her.  I had to baptize her SEVEN times in order to get her completely in the water! what a pain! haha, but she was a great sport about it and now the mission president(who was in attendance) is making an example out of us to make sure the water gets started on time! haha.  But it was a beautiful event and get this, almost the entire ward was in attendance, it was amazing! I have been so blest to have been able to serve in this Ward!

Ok, so transfers, I´m headed to the one place I didn´t want to go for the summer. wait for it...wait for it...SEVILLA! UGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

and on top of that, I´m not in the city, I´ll be in a little town.  The best comparison I can make is, its like me living and serving only in the town of herrenburg.  We´ve got a branch up there with 15 members with 7 active. But I´m ready for the challenge! I hope! haha. Its funny, whenever I tell people where I´m going, they tell me they´ll pray for me!  Sevilla is the hottest city in Europe with temperatures up to 130ºF.  Pray for me. When the president called me to tell me he said, your is hard area and has a bad reputation, but I´d like you to change that. First of all, WHY would he tell me that! but whatever, I´m excited to raise this little town out of the ground! I´ve been in a little town for most of my mission so far, so how bad could another one be right!? haha.

well, that´s about it for me!

oh yea, here is my address for the next 4-6 months

Elder Jason Hunt 
Calle Avena 7
41500 Alcalá de Guadaira (Sevilla)
España

No comments: