Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Friday, June 10, 2011

Baptismal Dates!

(sorry it took so long to get this up!! This is from Monday… –ashley)

My week -
WE HAVE 6 BAPTISMAL DATES! HOLLA!

So we have been teaching this family that we found and they are just golden.  They have accepted the gospel so easily and are just ready!  They´re from Argentina and they love the scriptures, and every time we meet with them something about how ready they are just amazes us! We were talking about faith and turned to Alma where he compares it to a seed and one of the sons. David (12) said "wait, I´ve read this before" and he told us that the other day he was super frusterated and felt that he should just open the scriptures and start reading, so thats what he did! WHAAAAAA! and of course he felt better! They´re just great! They finally came to church and it was great, at least until the 3rd hour when in priesthood they argued about tithing.  We haven´t taught tithing yet...so were a little worried about that. But the whole family has a baptismal date for the 26 of June! I´M SO EXCITED!

It is so cool to see your hard work pay off.  When I first got here, the ward really didn´t want anything to do with us.  But we have been visiting the less actives and re-activating them and this past sunday at testimony meeting, we had NINE investigators! NINE!  So the ward is seeing that we are working hard and now they just love us.  Everyday this week someone is feeding us and in the testimony meeting almost everyone talked about how much they loved having the missionaries at their houses and how when we came and left a scripture or a little spirtiual thought, it changed the atmosphre of their house or something to that effect. It was awesome! call me a sinner and prideful, but  I´m gonna take credit for a lot of it though. The members love me.  Its kinda funny because they don´t like my companion very much because he argues with them all the time and has had issues with ward members, but they like me lot! So I help to get us into the house and then they start to like both of us.  Its just fun.  But NINE investigators in one church meeting. It was awesome.

Well I don´t have too much else to report. I haven´t heard anything about E coli and hopefully it will stay that way!

I love and miss you all but I am excited to be here in Málaga. 

Oh, I hit the next level of spanish.  In our Piso (appartment) we have 4 elders but just the way it worked out is that Elder Blanch and I are in the same room and our two trainers sleep in the same room. Its super nice because It is nice to get a break from the comp every so often. but anyways, Elder Blanch told me last night that I was sleep talking, but get this! I was sleep talking in SPANISH! hahaha! sweet! haha.  He also told me that I have sleep talked almost every night this past week. Weird huh, I didn´t think I ever had a problem with that! weird!

But anyways, I love and miss you all and I hope that everything with the move goes smoothly!

Os quiro,

Jason

Oh yea,

the pictures.

Me and Hno. Gomez (Ward Mission leader) and he invited us to his house and he made Piea(I don´t know how to spell it) and it was SUPER good. I love that stuff!

100_0681Me at Nap time during Mediodía.  Hard work merits sleep. At least thats how we justify it. haha
100_0685A typical breakfast for Elder Hunt.  Toast with Nutella, a big bowl of cereal, and a orange juice. I love it. 
100_0688

No comments: