Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My first oyster

My week went by REALLY fast!

I don´t even know where to start because the week really seemed like one day! Crazy stuff.
Well we found out why one of our investigators doesn't´t want to get baptized! He has been saying he wants to get baptized, but not now, or now isn’t his moment. He doesn't´t have his papers so he feels bad about it so he won´t get baptized, when we found out I was thinking to myself, what!? that's it! God´s laws are higher than man´s laws man! but we´ll keep working with him and see what we can do.

For Pday, we went to a Chinese buffet and it was EXCELLENT. MMM...it was good. We went with an investigator from the other elders in Elche (the guy who had the angel wings) He really is the coolest. Too bad his profession isn’t in line with gospel standards.

But he made us all eat an oyster. Never tried one before. He (Atilla) grabbed a plate of 6 (there were 6 of us) oysters and every one had to grab there own. I thought we were going to eat them last, but everyone grabbed one and said they would do it now. So I got the last pick oyster. Normally, the oyster shell is flat-ish, but mine, the last pick, was deep. I mean, this oyster was fat, well fed and just big. I’ll send a picture of the shell next week. So we toasted oysters and went bottoms up. It wasn't´t too bad, but the texture was a little weird. But it was a fun experience, the first time I are an oyster!

Things are going great for me here in Elche. I love this place. I am so glad I get to stay for 6 more weeks! We have really baptized all our investigators so we are back to searching, but we´ve got lots of references lined up from members so things should start picking up soon for us.

The other day we went up to a little pueblo that has never had missionaries go there before. We were the first! So we left the entire day for this little pueblo. We knocked doors and contacted all day. A couple people gave us their information, but well see what comes of it. That really is one thing I think is pretty neat about my mission, is that there are areas that have never had missionaries before, we´re out here trying to get things started. It really is pretty neat. But we knocked on a door and this lady was being really rude and told us she had zero interest in what we had to say, her rudeness got to me a bit and I kinda yelled back at her and told her that what we had to say is the most important news the world has ever known, she looked a little taken aback, but still closed the door quickly.

The week was good and I look forward to another one!

Os Quiero mucho,
Jason

No comments: