Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Friday, March 16, 2012

Two Stories

This week was a good one,
But today I´ve got 2 stories.

The First one is more spiritual and the 2nd a bit silly.
Roberto was baptized a couple weeks ago and he invited his brother to the ordinance. His brother felt the spirit very strongly and this past week we were finally able to meet with him and start the lessons. He accepted the baptismal invitation and as we were going to give him his own book of Mormon he said, no, I´ve already got one. We thought oh, well maybe Roberto gave him one. Angel. Roberto´s brother, put a smile on his face and said, its actually a pretty cool story. He started to tell us that when the 2 of them were headed off to work they saw a group of guys throwing away some wood and other furniture supplies. Roberto and Angel do home remodeling and so they stopped the guys and asked if they could take the supplies. They said go for it and they could also have all the stuff in the piles.  The loaded up their car and as Angel was going through the piles to be thrown away, he found a book of Mormon! It was a little dirty but regardless, it was a libro de Mormon! He told us that he felt like Joseph Smith when he first got the plates. (How he knew about that I really don´t know, we haven´t taught him yet!)  It was really cool and a testimony that the lord is preparing his children to hear his gospel, whether we know about it or not, people are being prepared! It was so cool to hear this story come from him!

Ok, story number two!
So this morning, Pday morning, the alarm goes off at 7 (our day starts at 7 in the morning as opposed to most missions) and my companion says, hey, its pday, 5 more minutes. I´m not gonna argue with a suggestion like that so I grab the phone and think I press snooze. Ends up, I hit "stop" instead of "snooze" and thus turned off the alarm. So our 5 extra minutes ends up turning into a little bit longer. For the mission president, we set a ringtone especially for him. It is a bunch of machine guns and explosions going off. So at 830, we hear gun shots and explosions coming from the cell phone. We both shoot straight out the bed and I run to the phone. I cough 4 or 5 times to clear my throat and then I answer it. He called to tell me that next week I have to go to Malaga to pick up my new companion who I am going to train. The whole time my hands were shaking and I was just thinking to myself, he knows he knows he knows! I felt so bad! Last time I "hit" snooze!
It was pretty funny but in the moment, man, I was scared. haha.
So there it is, next week I will get to pick up my next companion! He is from Chile. this will be my third native companion in a row. My Spanish has improved a ton. This past Sunday, yesterday, one of the speakers bailed out, so they asked me to speak. After the meetings, some of the members were commenting to me about how fast I talk. I just told them its natural. Its in my Mexican blood! ;p

well, os quiero mucho! I hope to hear from you all soon!
Jason

No comments: