Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Next Week is Transfers…

This week really flew by! It started and the next thing I knew, it was sunday night. Our investigator Roberto was baptized this past friday and it was a very nice and spiritual experience.  It is amazing to see how the gospel changes the lives of people. Roberto used to be an alcoholic and with the Lord´s help and our support, he has cleaned up and he has a very strong testimony. It has been such a blessing to have worked with him.  Manuel, a convert from last month actually did the baptizing! It was a great feeling to see a convert baptizing another convert. As Roberto bore his testimony after the baptism, I couldn´t help but shed a few tears. I always thought that the mission would help me get over that, getting emotional in spiritual situations, but the spirit hits me right in the tear glands, so there´s nothing I can do.
100_1082
Preach my Gospel says we should, like Christ, "Go about doing good" and this past week we had some good service opportunities. We have a member in our ward who has 14 family members living close and we know it will be a GOLD MINE once she lets us teach them. So we visit her every week to try to gain a confidence with her and come to find out, she has an apartment that she has been trying to fix. She was renting it out, and when the renters couldn´t pay, the bank kicked them out and so they destroyed everything on their way out. So we told this Sister that we are two strong backs and we went and did all sorts of house fixing up chores with her this past thursday. It was nice to do some service.

Another service opportunity came at an investigators house. We finished up the lesson and she said, hey you´re American, will you fix my computer? I said I would try (the computer´s settings were in Bulgarian) and after looking at it for awhile I found the problem! It wasn´t a huge service project, but service is service!
I hope you enjoy the pictures, I can´t remember which ones I attached....But I think there is one of Roberto´s baptism. We went to a giant palm tree garden here in Elche for Pday so I think I added some pictures from that. OH! Now I remember the other, one is of me under a blanket drinking some hot chocolate. I LOVE those tables. They are little circular tables that have a huge blanket attached and a heater underneath. They are way nice and someday in my house I will have one!
100_1088100_1091100_1084

well, I look forward to another week, this week is transfers, but I think I´ll be here for another one, but we never really know.

Os quiero mucho,
Jason

No comments: