Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

4 Weeks to Go

What a week!

Monday was new years and Pday, Tuesday we did splits, Wednesday we went to Valencia to get my companions residency card and Thursday we were finally back to Crevillente. It was an eventful week!

As much craziness as we had, it was still a productive week. Our baptism from last week got confirmed this past Sunday and he is a great little guy. He just turned 12 and we are working hard with his family to draw them to the waters of baptism.

We had quite the miracle this past week, at least for me it was a miracle. There was a less active family that we visited once when I was with my last companion here in Crevillente.  We only visited with them once because honestly I don´t think they liked my last companion. But I called them last week and we picked them up and started visiting with them. The daughter, who is 17 has always refused to pray. Yesterday, we had a family home evening with them (We had been having them weekly with them on Sundays) and we can tell that they are really starting to open up to us. The mom went on a long rant about her complaints and we just listened.  We had a really good activity for the lesson (it was basically just a big scripture study) and then we played Spoons. They had never heard of it and it was a big hit. But at the end, the daughter offered to give the closing prayer and next Sunday they will invite a friend to come (yesterday she had a friend over as well). It was awesome.

I love my mission and I am so happy to be here serving. We have a tiny branch but I love the people so much, despite all their silly Spanish quirks! =]

Well Family, 4 more weeks to go. That sounds so weird to me. But whatever, I am working hard and I love the Lord,

Os Quiero,
Elder Jason Hunt

No comments: