Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"It is better to look up"

This week was excellent, or rather, the weekend was excellent! We still don´t have any investigators and so it was just a whole lot of contacting. I don´t have a problem with contacting at all, I mean, that's what missionaries do. They contact people. But for 8 hours every day has started to weigh down on me. However, this opportunity has made me a bit more bold in getting our message out there because I´m not wasting my time, do they want to be taught or not! So its been a little dry, but we are trying to keep our heads up and press forward.

On that note, One of the talks that hit me really hard was the one by Elder Cook from the 70. His message was "It is better to look up". I have been feeling very weighed down and overwhelmed lately because we are having very little success and I really I have to do everything because of my companion´s lacking language skills.(I have decided after this experience that I would never want to train). But his talk was what raised me up. He stated that it IS much better to look up. We can hang our heads low and be crushed by our burdens OR we can hold our heads up high and press forward in faith. I needed to hear that talk, and it has really given me the courage to push on. I also loved President Monson and Uchtdorf´s commentary on how we are never really alone even when it feels as if we have been left completely to ourselves.

Nothing too crazy has happened lately, I am trying to think of anything quick that would be fun to share. Oh here we go, For conference, our whole sunday was spent in Sevilla because that is the stake center and all the missionaries in our zone came to watch so we could listen in English. (We slept the night with the Elders in Sevilla) So on saturday, as we were packing, I was making my sandwiches for my sunday lunch and I figured to myself, someone's gonna forget to bring food for lunch. So I threw my whole loaf of bread in the bag and my whole pack of sandwich meat and cheese. I had also bought a big bag of cookies so I threw those in there as well. Turns out, out of the 10 of us. The only people that remembered to bring a lunch for sunday was me and the two sister missionaries. So it was really good that I brought all that stuff because I ended up feeding everyone! Although I am now short a loaf of bread and sandwich material, I feel great about it because just as they declared in conference, service really does make you feel good.

Things are just pushing along and my head is lifted high, even though things are going really tough right now, I am grateful for these experiences and I know that I am learning so much from them.

Well I guess until next week!

Os Quiero,

Jason

No comments: