Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Monday, August 8, 2011

Olive Trees

My week was pretty good.

We do so much in a week that it is hard to remember everything that we did!

This week was filled with lots of work and lots of being in the sun! I would have to say that I am rocking quite the farmer´s tan right now, it is very attractive to say the least.  I´m a little lost for words this week so I would like to share a few things I have learned or at least come to realize more fully.  Everything points to Christ. Everything can bare witness to the truth (just like how I shared in that one talk with the Krispy Kremes being like the gospel and whatnot..haha).  This week I learned something pretty cool about Olive trees.  Olive Trees are filled with symbolism to Christ but I have learned of some more!  Olive trees are very important to spain and olive oil is called the "Gold of Spain" (it sounds better in Spanish) But I learned, first of all, that olive trees can live for hundreds of years.  But as they die, green shoots begin to sprout out the ground where the dying tree is and if they are properly cultivated, within 15 years the sprouts will be full grown, fruit producing trees.  This points to Christ. This phenomenon points to Christ in that he died, but was resurrected and lives on today!

Another thing I learned is the importance of Home Teaching.  Not gonna lie, I always hated home teaching. But now I see how important it is!  Right now we are working with a less active family who are having a lot of problems, marital problems, going to church problems, just lots of problems.  We have been talking to the members about them for the entire month and we, the missionaries, are the only ones who have visited them.  They´ve completely stopped coming to church and their little family is falling apart. It is just heart breaking to see this family break when all they need is a little help.  We can only do so much. Missionaries come and go. But the ward members will always be there.  The mom told us that the reason she goes to a different church is because she actually has friends there. It is just so sad. It is so important that we reach out to the less active members and befriend them!

Well not too much else is going on for us. We have an investigator with a baptismal date for the 13 of August. We are working hard with him. His name is Pepe and he is a great guy.  I´ll have to comment on him later because I´m running short on time.

But I love and miss you all and I am so grateful for all of your support!

Os Quiro,

Jason

No comments: