Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Monday, August 29, 2011

I’ll let the pictures do the talking

I´ll have to let the pictures say most of what happened this week because I am a little lost for words as to what to say. This week has just been filled with missionary work!

These past two weeks we have been searching hard for new people to teach. We baptized our only progressing investigator so we´ve been on the hunt for some more! This past week we got three new investigators and set a baptismal date with all 3 of them. We also have lots of potential investigators so the goal this week is to set 5 more baptismal dates. We think we can do it! It is gonna be good!

I am having a great time here in Alcalá de Guadaíra with my Companion Elder Barney, I love the guy, we are having a great time.

This past week, the ward had a dinner and we stopped by for a little bit to check it out. They made us sit down and as I browsed what was on the table, my eyes were caught by a strange tupperware dish. The owner of the dish saw me eyeing it and said "Elder, try one!" I said I wasn´t hungry but of course, she insisted. So I grabbed one, smelled it, and looked at it again. At this point, everyone around us at the table was watching me to see if I would eat it. I said out loud, "I dunno, I´m kinda scared to eat it" the owner then said "What did you say?" (she couldn´t hear me) and I said "mm, it smells great!" The object in my hand was a kind of paste inside of a mussel shell. I put it in my mouth and scooped out the mussel shell. It was interesting to say the least. It was a cheesy and fishy paste and then it also had little chunks inside of it. The texture made me gag but over all it wasn´t too bad!

As far as the pictures go,

This past week was 6 months for me, so as tradition goes for missionaries, it was time to burn a tie.
100_0872

We had been working really hard  and decided to take a snack time break. Nothings much better than a cold coke and a milka
100_0852

In Plaza de España, they are filming a new movie with the guy that did the voice of King Julian from Madagascar. So we took pictures with the set.
100_0853

The last picture is in the Bishop´s office with our area book. We used that phone because we didn´t want to use all our minutes on the cell. But we were calling less actives and Former investigators! We had some pretty good success with it!
100_0866

But I had a great week and am looking forward to another!

Os quiro,

Jason

No comments: