Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Monday, August 8, 2011

Dollar Store Ties, A Breakup, A Baptism, and Corndogs

My week:

The week was pretty good. First of all, last p-day we found a nice dollar store and loaded up on cool ties. I bought three of them. One is baby blue pink and white. It reminds me of a 50s diner joint, its my favorite, the other two were just plain solid colored. Nothing else too exciting there. But I wrote down some events throughout the week so I could let you all know how things are going.

- We broke up with Cesar. We have a less active family that we have been teaching and their little family is just about broken. It is the saddest thing. But this last meeting we had with them, Cesar, the dad, told us that it would be best if we didn´t come back any time soon. Elder Barney and I´s hearts just dropped. He gave us all his reasons and said, don´t come back any time soon. We tried to talk him out of it and have a FHE the following week, but they wouldn´t have it. Afterwards, Elder Barney and I were talking and how we both felt like we just went through a break up with a girlfriend. He broke up with us, but we tried to continue to do stuff together. hah.

-They have wild cactus( I guess all cactus are wild) here that have a really sweet fruit. A member gave one too us and it was very sweet. Very tasty.

- BAPTISM! This Saturday! 7:00! we are very excited. On Friday, he, Pepe, told us that if god didn´t show him a miracle in the next week, he wouldn´t be baptized. We told him, it doesn´t work that way, and the next day in church, he finally stayed for the whole 3 hours(before, he would stay an hour and a half and then leave), but he told us that he felt happy and he hadn´t felt like this ever. We said, "well there is your miracle" and so he is satisfied with it. haha, But we are very excited for all of it. We have been teaching him for the last month and it is just going to be great! Baptisms are the best!

-Corndogs. There is an American family that goes to our ward and every so often they will bring us American food from the base. So yesterday my companion and I broke our fasts to Corndogs and Rootbeer. God Bless America.

BIKES!- Today was probably the most fun Pdays I have ever had! A member took us out Mtn. Biking today and it was a BLAST! So fun. We got to see the history of Alcalá de Guadaira and I had no idea how rich it is with history. We saw ruins of a Roman Acropolis, some tombs and a way cool castle. It was a mtn bike ride and a tour of the history all at the same time. The Computer I am using is way slow and so I am unable to send pictures, but next week I will make sure to update you all with the pictures I have taking!

Thank you so much for you love and support!

Os quiro!

Jason

No comments: