Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Monday, June 4, 2012

It’s JUNE!

I am still a little in shock that I am here in the office, it has been pretty crazy. The old secretary is training me for the next week and a half on how to do the stuff. My biggest responsibility is residency. It is a pretty big deal because it´s my job now to keep everyone inside the country legally! Lots of Spanish. Lots of government and headaches. But so far I have enjoyed myself with this new challenge. I am learning lots and I have to become a Microsoft excel pro so that will be a nice little skill to have around! We only have proselyting  time for about 3-4 hours each night but my comp and I set the goal to catch up all the office work so we can get the full 5 hours of proselyting time every night.

My first call in the office went like this (Random elder) "hey elder hunt, I left the training booklet back in the mission home" then I responded "Well what do you want me to do about it?"  then I proceeded to figure out how he could get the booklet back to him in a timely fashion. I asked the last office elder if he got calls like that a lot and he nodded his head and said "all the time" So basically my job is just solving everyone´s problems. But we´ll see how things go! For Pday we went out to a little Spanish city and had a picnic with President and Sister Clegg. Being in the office definitely has its benefits! It was a lot of fun.  I´ve had two Pdays in one week so I feel like this upcoming week will be a little long. But there is lots to do as we prepare the mission for a new president and we just got about 6 new missionaries so I have to figure out how to do their residency stuff.

But anyways, I can´t believe it is already June. I mean seriously. I remember the day I hit a year and all of the sudden it´s June now. These past 4 months have just FLOWN by. It is crazy, in just 4 days I´ll have 8 months left, that is the last 1/3 of the mission! Crazy!

Oh, one more fun thing I´ll get to do is teach Sunday school in the British branch here in Fuengirola. The missionaries are the teachers for basically all the classes in the little branches here. I am excited for all these new responsibilities because I know they will be great experiences.
I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week!

Os quiero
Jason

No comments: