Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Transfers, P.S., P.S.S, and Lots of Pictures!

I was very surprised this past Friday morning when our cell phone went off and it had "Pte. Clegg" on the caller ID. I answered it and he said "Elder Hunt, Are you ready to go?" I thought he was talking about up and ready to go for the day and so I said, "yea I´m up and ready" and he said "Alright, your outta there and your headed to Elche" I was totally shocked and said "That kind of ready to go?!" he laughed and told me a little bit more about Elche. I was totally shocked! I did not see a change coming to me this transfer!

But yes, ¡me voy! I have a good 8 hour bus ride waiting for me this week because Elche is on the eastern coast of Spain and now I am on the western part of Spain. My companion has only been out a month but he is what we call a "nativo" (they are either Spanish or South American and already speak sSpanish as their language) so I´m saying "adios" to English for the next couple of months!

Nothing too crazy happened this week except for the transfer call. It was really hard telling Pepe that I was also headed out. I also got pretty close to the Bishop and his family and it was hard saying good bye to them as well. Turns out, the bishops daughter has had a crush on me this whole time. She can wait for me, but I don´t think I can wait for her. She´s 5. haha. She drew me a good bye picture though. It was precious.

This week I also got to "fight apostasy" as we say in the mission. We had some weird prayer groups that we had to put down. But that's a story for another email!

Oh yes...Since I´m being transferred...DON¨T SEND ANYTHING TO THE OLD ADDRESS. I´ll send my new one next week!

I´ll try to explain the pictures. Elder Hall and Elder Card got me pink fuzzy slippers for my Birthday. The odd thing though is that this wasn´t the first time I´ve gotten pink fuzzy slippers for my birthday...weird. But they have bunnies on the top and say "Happy"
100_0949
DSC07164DSC07165DSC07166DSC07167

Another one is at sunset on a big Hill here in Alcalá de Gaudaíra.
100_0948

Ok...I don´t remember the rest....

I think I sent one from the Halloween party. Elder Berrett and I dressed up as Cowboys. They loved it.DSC07316

Well I guess that´s all for me!

Os quiero!
Jason

oh yes...PS

The ward halloween party was NUTS!

Our chapel is in a pretty sketchy part of town and basically in the center of the ghetto. I´m not sure who made those plans...

But we walked over with Pepe and he was bringing his nieces and nephews and they invited some friends. So 7 kids were following us to the chapel. As we walked, all the kids from the ghetto popped their heads out and were like "where are those kids going?" and they started to follow us. There were about 40-50 kids in our small chapel. It was wild. Then the people, the adults, from teh ghetto saw all their kids going into the chapel and they all came in as well. It was very interesting. The entrance smelled like booze. But a TON of people were there. It was insane! A good activity, but insane nonetheless!

ok...one more story!

This past Thursday, an old man approached us and said that he had a dream the other night and because we were "religious men" maybe we could shed some light on what his dream meant. I was just thinking to myself," oh great, crazy old man with crazy dreams" He started telling us his dream and it was actually pretty cool. The whole time though I was praying to know something to say.

He dreamed that he was a priest in a catholic church that was on his street. He was in the front with a group of other priests and they were giving the sermon and preparing their communion or sacrament. He said that as he was preparing the bread wafer things, the statue of Jesus spoke to him and he said that he had to leave the priests and stop going to this church. The priests were false priest and he couldn´t find God in this church.

This man said he has had the dream 3 times since then. After the third time, he has stopped going to that catholic church. Now he goes to the catholic church two streets down...

he asked me what it meant and i said, its pretty clear. You´ve gotta leave the catholic church, not just the church on your street and you need to search for the true church of Jesus Christ. Then we testified of the restoration, gave him our number, he wouldn´t give us his, and then he went on his way. He said he would come to church, but we´ll see.

ok...that should be it!

love you lots!

Jason

100_0953100_0964100_0969

No comments: