Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Friday, March 25, 2011

hola from espana

Hey!

Today we were lucky enough to fly in on P day! - and let me tell you - the CCM in Spain is 10x better than Provo! And get this - there are only 20 people here in the CCM, so we pretty much got the royal treatment!  Plus as I mentioned  my P days are still on Thursdays!

It was so nice to talk to you today and there was so much more I wanted to tell you but once we started talking I forgot it all!  We have already had amazing missionary experiences on the plane over.  In Atlanta, we were looking for a seat during lunch and a worker yelled out, "Elders! Over here my friends" and he prepared a table for all 6 of us and then disappeared.  The people next to us were like, what was that all about? and started to talk to us!  Then in the airplane we talked to and gave a pass-a-long card to a German gentlemen! It was just so cool!

I am so tired but I am so glad to be in Spain.  It is just unreal.  While we traveled, I'm not sure how to describe it, but I think the word is powerful.  I just felt powerful while people watched and talked to us.  I truly am a messenger of the Lord and I know his presence is with me because I know that I would never strike up a religious conversation with people while sitting in a 8 hour plane ride!  

Fun story.  Remember in Atlanta when I got to call you and in that conversation, Dad said "don't worry, the church knows where you are".  We get off the plane in Madrid and maybe an hour later we got picked up.  It was kinda scary, we are at the airport, tons of luggage, and no ability to speak the language.  I tried to listen to the intercoms at the airport and in the plane while they spoke Spanish but they were just way to fast for me!

It is so cool to be in Europe again!  Its just so...European! haha- my room even has reladins (not sure if that is how you spell it but those blinds that close all the way and block out all the light. Oh yea!)  I wrote the family a nice letter while I was on the plane and I have mentioned some of it here but right now I am suffering some serious vertigo while looking at the screen.  We can't go to bed until 7pm though, but since it is P day, we get to go out into the city!

The Spain CCM is located on the temple grounds so we have a pretty amazing view! It's great!  We get to go to the temple tomorrow morning.  This CCM is a serious upgrade from the last one I was at.  There, you were a number and herded like cattle, here, at least so far, they have been so nice and helpful.  There are two groups here - An Italian group and an American group, so I guess everyday for the working out hour they have a Italians vs. Americans soccer match.  I'm pretty excited! Another reason it is sweet here is because on P day we can go to museums and what not.  madre oso I'm tired.  I don't know if I will make it through the day!

I fell in Love when I got here, Spain is beautiful! wow! The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain, and apparently everywhere else as well.  I guess it has been a pretty wet week.  I guess we brought the cold and bleak of Provo with us.

I miss you so much and I look forward to more adventures coming up this week!  I'll mail my letter as soon as I can! or maybe just type it out next week! That would probably be faster!

The plane ride wasn't too bad,  slept most of the time.  But they were playing some pretty good movies so it was a pretty big temptation!

I'm anxious to see what the food will be like! But so far I've had a great first day!  I'll be here for the next 5 weeks. A group leaves next week so I'm not sure how many will be left here in the CCM once they leave, but its pretty exclusive for us.  The rooms are great and the beds are so soft.  They can have a lot more people here, but they don't, so each companionship gets their own 6 bed room.  Lots of space.  It's way nice!

Well I love and miss you so much! I loved talking to you today and I can't wait till next week to see your email. It's great to be here for the Lord and for the Church. 

Lots of Love,
Jason

No comments: