Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

9 Weeks Left

So 9 weeks left. You know, saying 12 and 11 and 10 weeks left was fun because it didn't seem real, but now that I am in the single digits, I feel like I got a punch in the stomach when i realized that I am at 9 weeks left. 9 weeks is nothing! Speaking of 9 weeks, apparently my companion who has been out for 7 months and I are racing to get home. Looks like he is going to win.

ok, I shouldn't be so dramatic. But turns out my comp´s wisdom teeth are coming in and he has to go home to get them taken out. So this Sunday He leaves to go back to Madrid, he will have his surgery next Monday and then recover. Funny thing about Spain is that when you get your wisdom teeth out, they take one pair out, make you recover a week, then take the second pair out. So he will be out for at least 2 weeks. So that means that I will go to another area in the zone and wait for my comp to get back. But it is weird because he’ll get back right at the transfer change and he is probably leaving. He has already been here for 2 and a half transfers. So I am curious and anxious to know what is going to happen!

Anyway, lots of fun stuff happening. It is looking like we will have a baptism this Saturday! We are excited. His name is Jose Domingo and he is deaf and mute. Lessons are very interesting. This past week we taught him the commandments. I never have been a charades fan but I am probably pretty good at it now. Try teaching "keep the Sabbath day holy" to a deaf and mute Spaniard  by acting it out. now imagine the law of chastity.

But he is great and a Elder Aviles has picked up a lot of Spanish sign language so that has been a big help. There are also two members who can do it really well so they have also been a big help.

I am not sure where I will be next week when I write, they might even close this area for a few weeks while they figure out what to do with me and my comp while we wait for him to get back. We will see!

Well family, i love you so much. I can´t believe it is the holiday season again! How exciting!

I love you all so much and I look forward to "speaking" with you again!

Os quiero,
Elder Jason Hunt

No comments: