Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Friday, November 23, 2012

New Area

What a week! I don´t even know where to start. First of all I guess, my time in the office FLEW by, it was like a blink of an eye. It was also a blast. I had a lot of fun and made some really good friends there.

I am here in Crevillente. It is, well, interesting. Thankfully though, we are keeping busy so I don´t have too much time to think about only having 11 more weeks left in the mission (But who´s counting?! ;p ) haha

Well anyway, I had a long bus ride but it was good, I slept basically the whole time. That was nice, a good long uncomfortable nap.

The people in the surrounding areas of Crevillente say "Crevillente: Tierra Mala, Gente Peor" (Crevillente: Bad land, worse people) They are definitely interesting people here. The branch is really great and they are excited to have a new missionary. They, being a branch, are really mission minded and help out the missionaries a lot.

We are teaching a lady named Imna and she is actually getting baptized this saturday! woohoo! She got married last week (had to get married first, she was living with her "husband") and now she will get baptized. She has been what we would call a "dry member" but she is finally getting baptized and the whole branch is very excited.

An interesting experience happened this week, there is a member of the branch who is both deaf and mute and we visited him. My comp "speaks" spanish sign language so I just sat there and watched, The member had a sign language dictionary so I was skimming threw that trying to think of something to "say" to support the conversation. Nothing came to me. In the end, I just smiled and gave a thumbs up.

My comp is elder Aviles and he is a champ. He is still way young in the mission so he is still trying to figure some things out. He´s an interesting character. I am kinda bummed to be back to only speaking spanish. I love the spanish language, but nothing compares to english!

I am having a good time. I am happy and working hard. Sometimes I have to reminded myself to stop thinking too much, because after all, I do have 11 weeks left in the mission. ;p

Well family, I sent my address to my new apartment last week so I hope that if any one wants too, they can send me some holiday love! I love you all!

Os quiero,

Elder Hunt

No comments: