Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New area, new companio, new address, and practically a new language!

This is the new one!

C\. Capitan Alfonso Vives
Nº80   6º IZQ
Elche, Alicante 03204
España

But anyways! New comp. Turns out, I´m training!
Who would have thought, you would think the president would have told me when I was being transferred!

There is a new "training program" that the church is doing for new missionaries and it consists of 12 weeks of training. It's actually really nice for me because we get another hour of personal study in the middle of the day. I like it A LOT.

My companion is named Elder Estrada and he is from Salt Lake City, sorta, he is Guatemalan and lived in Guatemala and Salt lake throughout his life, so he already speaks Spanish perfectly as well as English. That has been nice. He is a great elder and we are getting some good work done!

My new address is above and now I´m living in a small apartment with another companionship. I don´t really like having 4 elders in one apartment. It  makes it harder to stay on task and really get things done. It is crazy because I am actually the oldest missionary in this group in terms of time on the mission! We are a very "young" group of missionaries.

Speaking of young -  yesterday at church, I was told by I think over 3 people that I look like I´m only 16. To tell the truth I was a little offended! I´m 20 years old! Practically a full grown man! eh, whatever, I guess its better to look young than old right!

The weather has been soooooo cold! At least to me. I´ve been in Sevilla this whole time where the coldest it gets is in the 70s, and now I´m here and I wouldn´t doubt if it started snowing! My blood has definitely thinned out over the summer. I sleep with socks, slippers,  and a jacket with the hood up at night along with the heater blowing hot air in my face and I still wake up freezing! I´m not at all used to the cold anymore!

Nothing too exciting has been going on. We contact in the street a lot and don´t have too many investigators. But that´s missionary work for ya! I´m doing good, I´m happy at least, and I am learning lots.

Here in Elche they use the dialect called "Valenciano" and it comes from Valencia. However, it is so mixed up with French that it could be its own language. With all the official documents and government buildings they have both Spanish and Valenciano showing. Its been a little rough getting used to this new way of speaking.

But that's all, I don´t have any pictures to send yet but I will try to take some nice ones this week!

Os Quiero,
Jason

No comments: