Elder Hunt is out of the Mission Office!! New address is on the right! :)

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Transfers

This week started a little rough, to say the least, I feel as if I lost my best friend. We had transfers and Elder Barney was shipped off to another location and I got myself a new companion. Elder Barney and I got along so well and I have never had so much fun on the mission then when I was with Elder Barney. He will be missed.

This week has been a week of lots of prayer. I am a senior companion now in an area that has taking a spin for the worst. We had to drop all of our investigators because they were not progressing and my new companion, who is 2 months younger in the mission than me, doesn´t speak a lick of spanish. So I have felt a little overwhelmed.  We have just been doing contacts on the street and I´ve already had to sit my new companion down twice and tell him what is up. He is a good missionary, but he believes himself to be a miracle worker because he had so much success in his last area. But I have felt very overwhelmed this past week. All I have is hope that everything will get better.

Nothing too crazy has happened lately, just talking with lots of people,

Oh, just thought of a story to tell.

We looked through the area book and found a lady we wanted to visit. We get to her house, and surprisingly, she lets us in to chat. We start talking and she says that she is Atheist and doesn´t believe in anything. But We were friendly(well actually, this is all I, because as previously stated, my new comp doesn´t understand or speak any spanish) and I asked her some questions to get to know her better and to figure out her doubts.

She said that If I could answer this ONE doubt she had, then she would be baptized and be a faithful member of the church, I asked what her question was and prayed for the words to answer this lady´s question. I figured it would be super deep or about something she had heard about the church but I was excited to hear the question. She said "Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden and then they had their sons Cain and Abel. Cain killed his brother and was then cast out to another land. The bible says that Cain met his wife while he was in  the other land. So how is it possible for Cain to have met a wife in another land if Cain and Abel were Adam and Eve´s first sons?!"

Seriously....But anyways, I asked her the question "Do you know how many years Adam lived for? she said "About a 1000 or so" and then I asked, "How many children do you think he could have had in 1000 years?" She laughed and said "A whole house full I suppose"

So then I said, "out of that "whole house full" don´t you think that Cain would have gotten his wife out of the hundreds of children Adam probably had during his 1000 years on earth?" She didn´t answer and said, that’s the exact same thing the last missionaries started saying! But I just can´t believe it!"

She shared all her doubts and we tried to explain but she just wouldn´t hear it. So We (I) invited her to pray about her doubt with Cain and Abel with an open heart and that she could know the truth.

It was an interesting meeting to say the least.

Well that’s about it for now.

¡Os quiero mucho!

Jason

No comments: